How do you reference the Bible in APA format?
In your Works Cited, include the title of the Bible, the version, and the publication information.
- Here are some examples for citing print and online editions of the Bible:
- Zondervan NIV Study Bible (K. L. Barker, Ed.; Full rev. …
- The English Standard Version Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments with Apocrypha.
How do you cite the Bible in APA 7th edition?
When quoting the Bible, you must cite the Bible version in the body of the paper and include it in your reference list. When citing the Bible the in-text citation should follow the order of the template as shown here: Template: Bible Version, Date of Publication, Book chapter and verse.
How do you cite the NIV Bible in APA?
Citation: The Holy Bible, new international version. (1984). Grand Rapids: Zondervan Publishing House.
How do I cite my Bible?
When citing a passage of scripture, include the abbreviated name of the book, the chapter number, and the verse number—never a page number. Chapter and verse are separated by a colon. Example: 1 Cor. 13:4, 15:12-19.
How do you cite a religious text in APA?
In APA referencing, you cite holy texts by giving the title of the version used and the date of publication (plus the date of original publication where relevant): The Bible (King James Bible, 1769/2017) contains many unusual stories.
How do you reference the Bible Gateway in APA?
Bible Gateway, www.biblegateway.com/versions/New- International-Version-NIV-Bible/ Wright, N.T., translator. The Kingdom New Testament: A Contemporary Translation. 1st ed., Harper One, 2011. (usually the title of the edition), followed by a comma, and then the passage.
How do you cite the Bible in APA 7th edition Purdue owl?
Italicize “The Bible” and follow it with the version you are using. Remember that your in-text (parenthetical citation) should include the name of the specific edition of the Bible, followed by an abbreviation of the book, the chapter and verse(s).
How do I cite the NIV Bible in APA 7th edition?
- Narrative citation first time cited. The Holy Bible: New International Version (NIV, 1978/1983, John 3:16)
- Narrative citation for second and following citations. NIV (1978/1983, John 3:35)
- Parenthetical citation first time cited. …
- Parenthetical citation for second and following citations.
How do you cite the King James Bible in APA?
For APA, you include the Bible and date of publication “as cited in” then the citation information. “Quote” (King James Version, 1604, as cited in Smith, 2020).
How do you cite the King James Bible?
Cite the King James verse within the text. Follow the verse with the Bible version, book name, chapter number and verse number. Between each piece of information, insert a comma except between the chapter and verse number (put a period).
How do you cite the Bible app?
Format: Title. Name of translation Version. App Title, app version number, app publisher, year of app publication.
How do you write a Bible verse on a card?
Always use quotations around scripture verses and include the book, chapter number and verse number at the end of the quotation. Provide the name of the Bible version in your first in-text citation.
How do you quote Bible verses in a blog?
2. Tips to Help You Cite the Specific Translation Clearly. Use a comma after the reference, followed by the version abbreviation in capitals, to indicate the specific version you quote: John 3:16, KJV. (For a list of Bible versions and appropriate abbreviations, see Bible Gateway.)
How do you do APA format?
APA Paper Formatting Basics
- All text should be double-spaced.
- Use one-inch margins on all sides.
- All paragraphs in the body are indented.
- Make sure that the title is centered on the page with your name and school/institution underneath.
- Use 12-point font throughout.
- All pages should be numbered in the upper right hand corner.